The Eastern Ontario Development Program (EODP) promotes economic development in Eastern Ontario, leading to a diversified and competitive regional economy with successful businesses and prosperous communities. It has been a catalyst in many communities by encouraging new projects and community plans, mobilizing community stakeholders and helping to form partnerships.
How can these funds be accessed?
The program provides resources to the 15 Community Futures Development Corporations (CFDCs) in Eastern Ontario, who in turn solicit applications from eligible applicants within their geographic boundaries. Click here to see if you fall within the boundaries of our CFDC.
Community Futures Development Corporation of North & Central Hastings and South Algonquin will have access to to funding through Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev) to:
- Promote the growth of local businesses
- Advance community-led economic development to enhance and diversify our local economy
- Create, new sustainable jobs in North & Central Hastings and South Algonquin
Through the Eastern Ontario Development Program (EODP) Community Futures will support:
- Existing businesses & social enterprises to expand markets and increase # of sustainable jobs
- Businesses, organizations and post-secondary institutions undertaking research & development that will result in the development of new products and services
- Industry sector projects leading to growth
Funding Streams (see more details below)
- Business Development - open to individual registered businesses or not for profit organizations representing the interest of business
- Community Innovation – open to registered not for profits, municipalities, community economic development organizations, aboriginal organizations and post-secondary institutions
- Applicant must provide 50% cash contribution to project
- Must be a registered business or organization within our CFDC catchment area
- Must complete an application providing detailed project description , clear measurable impact targets within funding timeline and a copy of most recent fiscal year financial statement
- Single year requests must have projects completed normally by January 1st / Multi-year must provide detailed budget for each year (April-March) and be completed by December 31, 2018
- Community Innovation projects must have a minimum of 2 contributing partners
- Must consent to acknowledgment of federal funding, if approved
- Core operating costs, Websites, Municipal infrastructure, Buildings, Entertainment Costs & Events
- Maximum of $100,000 per project (approval amounts will be determined by EODP committee)
EODP- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Planning– eligible costs relating to hiring outside expertise to develop plans based on increased productivity, market expansion, and or succession planning
- Research and Development- eligible costs associated with innovation / product development
- Implementation– eligible costs relating to the implementation of productivity plans & market expansion plans, workforce training plans (relating to new projects)
EODP – COMMUNITY INNOVATION
- Strategic Planning and research– eligible costs related to local economic development plans and research
- New Development– eligible costs relating to the development of new business sectors, industry cluster development and expansion and business incubation / mentorship / succession planning
- Community Economic Development Projects– eligible costs relating to CED projects benefiting multiple communities that reflect community support & contributing partnerships (min of 2) meet Fed Dev EODP project priorities and have direct measurable impact within the funding timeframe
EODP Application Forms
Please find the links below to our current EODP application form. The form is available in two file formats - as a Microsoft Word (.docx) document and as a fillable .pdf
Completed applications (with attachments) can be mailed, faxed, emailed or dropped in to the Bancroft office. Please note that we always recommend speaking to CFDC staff prior to completing an application.
For more information, please contact Melanie Wright
*Note: For fillable .pdf functionality, after the application form opens in your browser, it may need to be opened by your desktop .pdf software (ex: Adobe Reader).